16.8.12

streetstyle inspiration

For me fashion has a really special meaning. It is something I need. Something I crave. Something I want to feel around me. It's not just being well dressed or presentable. It's creating yourself through clothes. Communicating with others. Feeling good and, at the same time, being yourself. The fashion world might be compared to a complete circus sometimes. It might be extravagant sometimes but there's a border between that and being ridiculous. But what is being ridiculous anyway? Who am I to judge if what you're wearing is ridiculous or not? I mean, if your feel good with what you're wearing, why should I judge you? Apart from that, fashion for me is the mixture of textures. The way you create your outfits and become an individual. The way you mix colors, patterns. It's the way you express yourself and feel comfortable in your own skin. I have to be honest, I have a very particular taste, since one of my biggest inspirations is Pop Art. Keith Haring, Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein are my muses and my Art Gods. My favorite colors are red, blue, white and black. I love long skirts, denim, statement t-shirts and everything that's studded. I am already seeing military style all over the place and I can't help but hating it. I don't know, probably that's because I'm not a big fan of green. But what I mean is that I may don't follow what everybody wears or "what's fashionable" but, at least, I feel comfortable in my own skin. I like to be edgy sometimes, but I can be low profile aswell. The important thing is to find a balance. I also love some things that "everybody has", such as earings, necklaces and rings with crosses. But, for example, Jeffrey Campbell boots weren't just made for me. I actually hate them. I prefer loafers and mocassins. In the end, I believe you're supposed to wear what reflects your personality the best way has possible and you have to be true to yourself. You're an unique person. Don't forget that. Being fashionable doesn't mean you have to wear what everybody is wearing. It means finding yourself and believing that, when you walk out the door, you feel good in your own skin. Isn't that right?

















1 comentário:

Michaella Watts disse...

I agree with everything you said. Great post! :)
xx Michaella http://fashionableunicorn.blogspot.com/